Fig Tree Cottage is a cosy but spacious 3 bedroom cottage, sleeping 6 people very comfortably (one double with ensuite, two twin bedrooms, upstairs family bathroom & downstairs toilet) full of original characteristics of the original barn, stylishly renovated with newly fitted kitchen/breakfast room and bathrooms, cosy lounge with wood burner, spacious hall and gallery with staircase leading outside
Original Ancient Barn converted cottage
- Oak doors, staircase and windows, with original stone features inside
- Newly furnished and fitted kitchen & bathroom
- Wi fi /or cable internet connection
- Underfloor heating & woodburner
- Downstairs toilet
- Pebble patio with outdoor table & chairs plus lawn garden
- Farmyard, fields and orchard to explore
- Animals to see (horses, sheep, chickens, bantams, springer spaniels)
- Central location to north and south coasts (30 mins)
- Easy access to Dartmoor (15 mins) & Tavistock (10 mins)
- Beautiful Tranquil peaceful location
Whilst converting the cottages we wanted to keep as many original features of the stone barn as we could; hence the galleried staircase to give a wonderful feeling of space, and small little openings and quirks of the original ancient barn have been retained. Original beams, floor boards and a small amount of retained stone wall have been kept, plus latch doors throughout. Underfloor heating upstairs and downstairs makes this cottage warm all year round!
Outside there is a pebbled patio with outdoor chairs and table, plus a grassy garden area for playing with mature fig tree, hence the name of this cottage.
The cottages have been fitted with bat holes in the roof and gaps in the lintels so that any bats that might be around can still roost. (But don’t worry you are unlikely to see one without a bat detector!) Our land is full of wildlife with summer nesting swallows, chattering jackdaws, buzzards, rabbits, voles and deer in the fields and sightings of many rare birds including goldfinches, goldcrest, sparrow hawks, spotted flycatchers, nuthatches and longtailed tits.
You are welcome to walk in our fields and orchard, swing on the rope swing over the stream, fuss the animals and see the wild flower meadows we are hoping to create.
- Private parking for 2 cars.
- Patio furniture and shared barbecue.
- Shop 2m.
- Pub 2m.
- Public telephone 2m.
- Golf (18 hole) 6m.
- Regret no smoking.
- Dogs welcome (1 dog over 2 years only).
- Arrive/Depart Saturday.
Price: Price from £450—£950 per week depending on season. All 3 cottages can be let for groups at discounted rate.