Why not spend a day visiting one of the many National Trust properties in the area, and enjoy the elegance of the historic houses and beauty of the gardens.
National Trust – There is a wide variety of National Trust properties within easy reach of the cottage:-
- Buckland Abbey the 700 year old home of Sir Francis Drake
- Cotehele House and Mill This superb Tudor house and working mill has many stories and legends
- Lydford Gorge the deepest gorge in the South West features oak-wooded walks
- Antony is a superb 18th century house made famous recently when it was chosen by director Tim Burton as the set for Walt Disney’s Alice in Wonderland
- Finch Foundry the last remaining water powered forge in England sits amid beautiful Dartmoor countryside
- Saltram a magnificent Georgian house close to Plymouth and was used in the film adaptation of Jane Austen’s Sense and Sensibility starring Emma Thompson, Kate Winslett, Hugh Grant and Alan Rickman